On Tue, 2022-02-15 at 12:22 +0100, David Hildenbrand wrote: > On 13.02.22 03:37, Rik van Riel wrote: > > Sometimes the page offlining code can leave behind a hwpoisoned > > clean > > page cache page. This can lead to programs being killed over and > > over > > and over again as they fault in the hwpoisoned page, get killed, > > and > > then get re-spawned by whatever wanted to run them. > > Hi Rik, > > am I correct that you are only talking about soft offlining as > triggered > from mm/memory-failure.c, not page offlining as in memory offlining > mm/memory_hotunplug.c ? That is correct in that I am talking only about memory-failure.c, however the code in memory-failure.c has both hard and soft offlining modes, and I suppose this patch covers both? -- All Rights Reversed.