On 11 May 2021, at 17:18, Zi Yan wrote: > I have been working on 1GB THP support [1][2][3] and would like to have a discussion on the high-level design and some implementation details. The topics I would like to discuss related to 1GB PUD THP include: > > 1. Gigantic page allocation. Since MAX_ORDER is limiting us from allocating 1GB pages, we need to enable it via one or more ways, like using alloc_contig_range() or increasing MAX_ORDER. For increasing MAX_ORDER, there is a discussion[1] about how it affects memory hotplug/hotremove, compaction, page isolation. More feedback is welcome and needed due to its broad impact on the mm code. [1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20210506152623.178731-1-zi.yan@sent.com/ — Best Regards, Yan Zi