On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote: > On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Tim Chen wrote: >> >> Will you still consider the original patch as a fail safe mechanism? > > I don't think we have much choice, although I would *really* want to > get this root-caused rather than just papering over the symptoms. Oh well. Apparently we're not making progress on that, so I looked at the patch again. Can we fix it up a bit? In particular, the "bookmark_wake_function()" thing added no value, and definitely shouldn't have been exported. Just use NULL instead. And the WAITQUEUE_WALK_BREAK_CNT thing should be internal to __wake_up_common(), not in some common header file. Again, there's no value in exporting it to anybody else. And doing if (curr->flags & WQ_FLAG_BOOKMARK) looks odd, when we just did unsigned flags = curr->flags; one line earlier, so that can be just simplified. So can you test that simplified version of the patch? I'm attaching my suggested edited patch, but you may just want to do those changes directly to your tree instead. Hmm? Linus