Hi Andrew, Den tors 25 okt. 2018 kl 21:42 skrev Andrew Morton < akpm@linux-foundation.org>: > On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:28:21 +0200 Vitaly Wool > wrote: > > > Reclaim and free can race on an object (which is basically ok) but > > in order for reclaim to be able to map "freed" object we need to > > encode object length in the handle. handle_to_chunks() is thus > > introduced to extract object length from a handle and use it during > > mapping of the last object we couldn't correctly map before. > > What are the runtime effects of this change? > I haven't observed any adverse impact with this change used in zswap (and in fact, this is a bugfix for zswap operation). There is a slight under 1% impact when z3fold is used with ZRAM but since the support for ZRAM over zpool is still out of tree, I take it doesn't matter at this point, right? Best regards, Vitaly