linux-mm.kvack.org archive mirror
From: Shivank Garg <shivankgarg98@gmail.com>
	Linux MM <linux-mm@kvack.org>,
	 util-linux@vger.kernel.org
Subject: /proc/pid/sched units
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 18:26:44 +0530	[thread overview]

Hi Everyone,

I'm analyzing the cpu time taken ("se.sum_exec_runtime" in
/proc/$pid/sched) by process in different configurations for my
project work. But I was not able to get the time units for the values
displayed in the file. I tried searching it in source code -
kernel/sched/cputime.c,include/linux/sched.h etc. but it left me more
confused.

Can you please answer me about the measurement units (is it
microseconds, nanoseconds, jiffles ...) ?

Also, I was not able to find proper documentation for /proc/pid/sched.
Please point to me if it's already there. If not, I would love to
contribute toward documenting these variables. It would be very
helpful for newbies (like me) in future.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Shivank Garg