On Sun, 16 Jun 2019, Andy Lutomirski wrote: > On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 7:21 AM Thomas Gleixner wrote: > > On Wed, 12 Jun 2019, Andy Lutomirski wrote: > > > > > > Fair warning: Linus is on record as absolutely hating this idea. He might > > > change his mind, but it’s an uphill battle. > > > > Yes I know, but as a benefit we could get rid of all the GSBASE horrors in > > the entry code as we could just put the percpu space into the local PGD. > > > > I have personally suggested this to Linus on a couple of occasions, > and he seemed quite skeptical. The only way to find out is the good old: numbers talk .... So someone has to bite the bullet, implement it and figure out whether it's bollocks or not. :) Thanks, tglx