On Fri, 2019-10-04 at 13:28 +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote: > > Could you please explain it? > > I mean, why this breaks tmpfs-thp? > > Also, why mm_cpumask() is also broken? > > Because shared pages are not bound by a mm; or does it not share the thp > state between mappings? By what I could understand, even though the memory is shared, the mapping may differ for different processes (i.e. the same physical memory that is mapped as a hugepage in process A can be mapped as a lot of smallpages in process B). Did I miss something here? > And once you (re)figure it out, please write it down. It is a crucial > bit of the puzzle and needs to be part of the Changelogs. I am still investing time studying this. More on this later :) Thanks!