On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 02:48:08PM +0100, Eugeniu Rosca wrote: > From: Harish Jenny K N > > Enable MMC_CAP_ERASE capability in the driver to allow > erase/discard/trim requests. > > Suggested-by: Andrew Gabbasov > Signed-off-by: Harish Jenny K N > [erosca: Forward-port and test on v5.4-rc7 using H3ULCB-KF: > "blkdiscard /dev/mmcblk0" passes with this patch applied > and complains otherwise: > "BLKDISCARD ioctl failed: Operation not supported"] > Signed-off-by: Eugeniu Rosca Looks good to me. Just a generic question, probably more for Ulf: Why does this CAP_ERASE exist? As I understand, the driver only needs to set the flag and no further handling is required. Why would a driver not set this flag and not support erase/trim commands? Kind regards, Wolfram