Linux-mmc Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* sdhci timeout on imx8mq
@ 2020-02-03 19:19 Fabio Estevam
  2020-02-05  9:26 ` Guido Günther
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2020-02-03 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ulf Hansson, Adrian Hunter
  Cc: linux-mmc, NXP Linux Team, Sascha Hauer, Guido Günther,
	moderated list:ARM/FREESCALE IMX / MXC ARM ARCHITECTURE

Hi,

I observe the following timeout on a imx8mq-evk running linux-next 20200203:

# [   11.747858] mmc0: Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt.
[   11.753264] mmc0: sdhci: ============ SDHCI REGISTER DUMP ===========
[   11.759705] mmc0: sdhci: Sys addr:  0x00000800 | Version:  0x00000002
[   11.766145] mmc0: sdhci: Blk size:  0x00000200 | Blk cnt:  0x00000001
[   11.772584] mmc0: sdhci: Argument:  0x00000000 | Trn mode: 0x00000013
[   11.779024] mmc0: sdhci: Present:   0x01f88a0a | Host ctl: 0x00000011
[   11.785463] mmc0: sdhci: Power:     0x00000002 | Blk gap:  0x00000080
[   11.791902] mmc0: sdhci: Wake-up:   0x00000008 | Clock:    0x000020ff
[   11.798342] mmc0: sdhci: Timeout:   0x0000008f | Int stat: 0x00000000
[   11.804781] mmc0: sdhci: Int enab:  0x117f100b | Sig enab: 0x117f100b
[   11.811220] mmc0: sdhci: ACmd stat: 0x00000000 | Slot int: 0x00008402
[   11.817660] mmc0: sdhci: Caps:      0x07eb0000 | Caps_1:   0x8000b407
[   11.824100] mmc0: sdhci: Cmd:       0x0000083a | Max curr: 0x00ffffff
[   11.830539] mmc0: sdhci: Resp[0]:   0x00000900 | Resp[1]:  0xffffffff
[   11.836978] mmc0: sdhci: Resp[2]:   0x320f5913 | Resp[3]:  0x00d04f01
[   11.843416] mmc0: sdhci: Host ctl2: 0x00000008
[   11.847860] mmc0: sdhci: ADMA Err:  0x00000001 | ADMA Ptr: 0xf97d2200
[   11.854297] mmc0: sdhci: ============================================
[   11.860908] mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising MMC card
[   12.027806] mmc0: new HS400 MMC card at address 0001
[   12.033283] mmcblk0: mmc0:0001 R1J56L 13.8 GiB
[   12.038007] mmcblk0boot0: mmc0:0001 R1J56L partition 1 4.00 MiB
[   12.044112] mmcblk0boot1: mmc0:0001 R1J56L partition 2 4.00 MiB
[   12.050172] mmcblk0rpmb: mmc0:0001 R1J56L partition 3 128 KiB,
chardev (235:0)
[   12.058210]  mmcblk0: p1 p2

Haven't had a chance to debug this yet, but just reporting in case
anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: sdhci timeout on imx8mq
  2020-02-03 19:19 sdhci timeout on imx8mq Fabio Estevam
@ 2020-02-05  9:26 ` Guido Günther
  2020-02-05 13:18   ` Fabio Estevam
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Guido Günther @ 2020-02-05  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam
  Cc: Ulf Hansson, Adrian Hunter, linux-mmc, NXP Linux Team,
	Sascha Hauer,
	moderated list:ARM/FREESCALE IMX / MXC ARM ARCHITECTURE

Hi Fabio,
On Mon, Feb 03, 2020 at 04:19:50PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I observe the following timeout on a imx8mq-evk running linux-next 20200203:
> 
> # [   11.747858] mmc0: Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt.
> [   11.753264] mmc0: sdhci: ============ SDHCI REGISTER DUMP ===========
> [   11.759705] mmc0: sdhci: Sys addr:  0x00000800 | Version:  0x00000002
> [   11.766145] mmc0: sdhci: Blk size:  0x00000200 | Blk cnt:  0x00000001
> [   11.772584] mmc0: sdhci: Argument:  0x00000000 | Trn mode: 0x00000013
> [   11.779024] mmc0: sdhci: Present:   0x01f88a0a | Host ctl: 0x00000011
> [   11.785463] mmc0: sdhci: Power:     0x00000002 | Blk gap:  0x00000080
> [   11.791902] mmc0: sdhci: Wake-up:   0x00000008 | Clock:    0x000020ff
> [   11.798342] mmc0: sdhci: Timeout:   0x0000008f | Int stat: 0x00000000
> [   11.804781] mmc0: sdhci: Int enab:  0x117f100b | Sig enab: 0x117f100b
> [   11.811220] mmc0: sdhci: ACmd stat: 0x00000000 | Slot int: 0x00008402
> [   11.817660] mmc0: sdhci: Caps:      0x07eb0000 | Caps_1:   0x8000b407
> [   11.824100] mmc0: sdhci: Cmd:       0x0000083a | Max curr: 0x00ffffff
> [   11.830539] mmc0: sdhci: Resp[0]:   0x00000900 | Resp[1]:  0xffffffff
> [   11.836978] mmc0: sdhci: Resp[2]:   0x320f5913 | Resp[3]:  0x00d04f01
> [   11.843416] mmc0: sdhci: Host ctl2: 0x00000008
> [   11.847860] mmc0: sdhci: ADMA Err:  0x00000001 | ADMA Ptr: 0xf97d2200
> [   11.854297] mmc0: sdhci: ============================================
> [   11.860908] mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising MMC card
> [   12.027806] mmc0: new HS400 MMC card at address 0001
> [   12.033283] mmcblk0: mmc0:0001 R1J56L 13.8 GiB
> [   12.038007] mmcblk0boot0: mmc0:0001 R1J56L partition 1 4.00 MiB
> [   12.044112] mmcblk0boot1: mmc0:0001 R1J56L partition 2 4.00 MiB
> [   12.050172] mmcblk0rpmb: mmc0:0001 R1J56L partition 3 128 KiB,
> chardev (235:0)
> [   12.058210]  mmcblk0: p1 p2
> 
> Haven't had a chance to debug this yet, but just reporting in case
> anyone has any ideas.

I've seen the same occasionally on the librem 5 with older linux-next as
well. Do you have a good reproducer?
Cheers,
 -- Guido

> 
> Thanks
> 

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: sdhci timeout on imx8mq
  2020-02-05  9:26 ` Guido Günther
@ 2020-02-05 13:18   ` Fabio Estevam
  2020-02-07  2:11     ` BOUGH CHEN
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2020-02-05 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guido Günther
  Cc: Ulf Hansson, Adrian Hunter, linux-mmc, NXP Linux Team,
	Sascha Hauer,
	moderated list:ARM/FREESCALE IMX / MXC ARM ARCHITECTURE

Hi Guido,

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 6:26 AM Guido Günther <agx@sigxcpu.org> wrote:

> I've seen the same occasionally on the librem 5 with older linux-next as
> well. Do you have a good reproducer?

Yes, with linux-next I always get this timeout by just booting the
kernel and waiting 1 or 2 minutes without any activity.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* RE: sdhci timeout on imx8mq
  2020-02-05 13:18   ` Fabio Estevam
@ 2020-02-07  2:11     ` BOUGH CHEN
       [not found]       ` <VI1PR04MB504091C7991353F6092A8D91901A0@VI1PR04MB5040.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com>
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: BOUGH CHEN @ 2020-02-07  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam, Guido Günther
  Cc: Ulf Hansson, Adrian Hunter, linux-mmc, dl-linux-imx,
	Sascha Hauer,
	moderated list:ARM/FREESCALE IMX / MXC ARM ARCHITECTURE


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Fabio Estevam <festevam@gmail.com>
> Sent: 2020年2月5日 21:18
> To: Guido Günther <agx@sigxcpu.org>
> Cc: Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@linaro.org>; Adrian Hunter
> <adrian.hunter@intel.com>; linux-mmc <linux-mmc@vger.kernel.org>;
> dl-linux-imx <linux-imx@nxp.com>; Sascha Hauer <kernel@pengutronix.de>;
> moderated list:ARM/FREESCALE IMX / MXC ARM ARCHITECTURE
> <linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org>
> Subject: Re: sdhci timeout on imx8mq
> 
> Hi Guido,
> 
> On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 6:26 AM Guido Günther <agx@sigxcpu.org> wrote:
> 
> > I've seen the same occasionally on the librem 5 with older linux-next
> > as well. Do you have a good reproducer?
> 
> Yes, with linux-next I always get this timeout by just booting the kernel and
> waiting 1 or 2 minutes without any activity.

I will reserve some time next week to check this issue.

Bough Chen
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Fabio Estevam

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: sdhci timeout on imx8mq
       [not found]       ` <VI1PR04MB504091C7991353F6092A8D91901A0@VI1PR04MB5040.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2020-02-13 10:53         ` Fabio Estevam
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2020-02-13 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BOUGH CHEN
  Cc: Guido Günther, Ulf Hansson, Adrian Hunter, linux-mmc,
	dl-linux-imx, Sascha Hauer,
	moderated list:ARM/FREESCALE IMX / MXC ARM ARCHITECTURE

Hi Bough,

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 11:33 PM BOUGH CHEN <haibo.chen@nxp.com> wrote:

> The board I use is SCH-29615 REV B4.  This board use Sandisk eMMC chip. Maybe your board use Micron eMMC.

Mine is REV B3 with the Micron eMMC.

> I attach the bootloader I use. Please try this bootloader on your side.

I hope we don't have a bootloader dependency here.

Thanks

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-02-03 19:19 sdhci timeout on imx8mq Fabio Estevam
2020-02-05  9:26 ` Guido Günther
2020-02-05 13:18   ` Fabio Estevam
2020-02-07  2:11     ` BOUGH CHEN
     [not found]       ` <VI1PR04MB504091C7991353F6092A8D91901A0@VI1PR04MB5040.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com>
2020-02-13 10:53         ` Fabio Estevam

Linux-mmc Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mmc/0 linux-mmc/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-mmc linux-mmc/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mmc \
		linux-mmc@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-mmc

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-mmc


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git