linux-modules.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Jack Rosenthal <jrosenth@chromium.org>
To: linux-modules@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Module compression & loadpin
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 12:32:44 -0600	[thread overview]

Has anyone looked into what it may take to support both module
compression and loadpin (ensures modules come from trusted filesystem)?

From my understanding, this is not supported as kmod currently does the
decompression of modules, and loadpin prefers fload_module as it can
tell where the module came from. (https://crbug.com/777204)

In a gist, I am thinking supporting this scenario would require the
module decompression to happen on the kernel side. Wondering if anyone
has looked into this before I go making a solution...

Thanks,

Jack