Linux-Modules Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
* modprobe man page
@ 2018-04-20 15:48 stack
From: stack @ 2018-04-20 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Modules

Greetings,
I would like to report a correction for the modprobe man page:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/kernel/kmod/kmod.git/tree/man/modprobe.xml <https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/kernel/kmod/kmod.git/tree/man/modprobe.xml>

Under the "force-vermagic" option it says "so this using option is dangerous". I believe that should read "so using this option is dangerous". Especially as the corrected phrasing is used several times elsewhere in the document.

Thanks!
~Stack~

* Re: modprobe man page
@ 2018-04-20 17:32 ` Lucas De Marchi
From: Lucas De Marchi @ 2018-04-20 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stack; +Cc: Linux Modules

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 8:48 AM,  <stack@tutamail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
> I would like to report a correction for the modprobe man page:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/kernel/kmod/kmod.git/tree/man/modprobe.xml <https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/kernel/kmod/kmod.git/tree/man/modprobe.xml>
>
> Under the "force-vermagic" option it says "so this using option is dangerous". I believe that should read "so using this option is dangerous". Especially as the corrected phrasing is used several times elsewhere in the document.

Thanks for the report. Can you send a patch fixing it?

Lucas De Marchi

> Thanks!
> ~Stack~
> --