linux-modules.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* error: EXTRA_DIST must be set with '=' before using '+='
@ 2016-06-27 23:05 Bernhard Landauer
From: Bernhard Landauer @ 2016-06-27 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-modules

Hi!

Latest git commit fails building for me on Manjaro (Archlinux) with:

Makefile.am: installing 'build-aux/depcomp'
Makefile.am:207: installing 'build-aux/py-compile'
parallel-tests: installing 'build-aux/test-driver'
libkmod/docs/gtk-doc.make:33: error: EXTRA_DIST must be set with '='
before using '+='
libkmod/docs/Makefile.am:29:   'libkmod/docs/gtk-doc.make' included from
here
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

Do you have any hint for me what might be wrong at my end maybe?
Thank you
regards
Bernhard Landauer

* Re: error: EXTRA_DIST must be set with '=' before using '+='
@ 2016-06-28  3:08 ` Lucas De Marchi
From: Lucas De Marchi @ 2016-06-28  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernhard Landauer; +Cc: linux-modules

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Bernhard Landauer <oberon@manjaro.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Latest git commit fails building for me on Manjaro (Archlinux) with:
>
> Makefile.am: installing 'build-aux/depcomp'
> Makefile.am:207: installing 'build-aux/py-compile'
> parallel-tests: installing 'build-aux/test-driver'
> libkmod/docs/gtk-doc.make:33: error: EXTRA_DIST must be set with '=' before
> using '+='
> libkmod/docs/Makefile.am:29:   'libkmod/docs/gtk-doc.make' included from
> here
> autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
>
> Do you have any hint for me what might be wrong at my end maybe?

what version of gtk-doc do you have? We use it for generating the
documentation, but it seems a recent version may be broken for our
integration with it. At least on F24 I can't even -build the docs
anymore... just went to check it in order to reproduce your issue.

For now you may want to pass --disable-gtk-doc to see if it works

Lucas De Marchi

* Re: error: EXTRA_DIST must be set with '=' before using '+='
@ 2016-06-28 14:19   ` Daniel.
From: Daniel. @ 2016-06-28 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lucas De Marchi; +Cc: Bernhard Landauer, linux-modules

What is Manjaro? G_G

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Bernhard Landauer <oberon@manjaro.org> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Latest git commit fails building for me on Manjaro (Archlinux) with:
>>
>> Makefile.am: installing 'build-aux/depcomp'
>> Makefile.am:207: installing 'build-aux/py-compile'
>> parallel-tests: installing 'build-aux/test-driver'
>> libkmod/docs/gtk-doc.make:33: error: EXTRA_DIST must be set with '=' before
>> using '+='
>> libkmod/docs/Makefile.am:29:   'libkmod/docs/gtk-doc.make' included from
>> here
>> autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
>>
>> Do you have any hint for me what might be wrong at my end maybe?
>
> what version of gtk-doc do you have? We use it for generating the
> documentation, but it seems a recent version may be broken for our
> integration with it. At least on F24 I can't even -build the docs
> anymore... just went to check it in order to reproduce your issue.
>
> For now you may want to pass --disable-gtk-doc to see if it works
>
> Lucas De Marchi

"Do or do not. There is no try"
  Yoda Master

* Re: error: EXTRA_DIST must be set with '=' before using '+='
@ 2016-06-28 15:26   ` Lucas De Marchi
From: Lucas De Marchi @ 2016-06-28 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernhard Landauer; +Cc: linux-modules

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 12:08 AM, Lucas De Marchi
<lucas.de.marchi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Bernhard Landauer <oberon@manjaro.org> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Latest git commit fails building for me on Manjaro (Archlinux) with:
>>
>> Makefile.am: installing 'build-aux/depcomp'
>> Makefile.am:207: installing 'build-aux/py-compile'
>> parallel-tests: installing 'build-aux/test-driver'
>> libkmod/docs/gtk-doc.make:33: error: EXTRA_DIST must be set with '=' before
>> using '+='
>> libkmod/docs/Makefile.am:29:   'libkmod/docs/gtk-doc.make' included from
>> here
>> autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
>>
>> Do you have any hint for me what might be wrong at my end maybe?
>
> what version of gtk-doc do you have? We use it for generating the
> documentation, but it seems a recent version may be broken for our
> integration with it. At least on F24 I can't even -build the docs
> anymore... just went to check it in order to reproduce your issue.
>
> For now you may want to pass --disable-gtk-doc to see if it works

And it's now fixed in master branch, thanks for reporting.

kmod 23 is coming very soon.

Lucas De Marchi