linux-modules.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Build fails when Xsltproc not present
@ 2016-12-20  0:50 Bryan Henderson
From: Bryan Henderson @ 2016-12-20  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-modules

I found in building kmod 23 that because my system does not have
Xsltproc installed, the build fails when it tries to use a null string
as the Xsltproc program name to create the man pages.

I believe in that case, it should just skip building the man pages.

Or make 'configure' fail and suggest --disable-manpages.

Or make the make fail gracefully, telling you you don't have the tools
necessary to create man pages and suggesting --disable-manpages.

--
Bryan Henderson                                   San Jose, California