Linux-Modules Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
* Why these functions are empty?
@ 2017-04-14 12:40 wiktoria.lewicka
From: wiktoria.lewicka @ 2017-04-14 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-modules

Hello!
I looked at code in include/linux/module.h and I found empty functions:

static inline void print_modules(void)
{
}

static inline unsigned long module_kallsyms_lookup_name(const char *name)
{
	return 0;
}

static inline int lookup_module_symbol_name(unsigned long addr, char *symna=
me)
{
	return -ERANGE;
}

And why these function haven`t implementation:
static inline int register_module_notifier(struct notifier_block *nb)
{
	/* no events will happen anyway, so this can always succeed */
	return 0;
}

static inline int unregister_module_notifier(struct notifier_block *nb)
{
	return 0;
}

Is module notifier doesn`t exists?

* Re: Why these functions are empty?
@ 2017-04-17 14:29 ` Yauheni Kaliuta
From: Yauheni Kaliuta @ 2017-04-17 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wiktoria.lewicka; +Cc: linux-modules\

Hi, wiktoria!

 > Hello!
 > I looked at code in include/linux/module.h and I found empty functions:

 > static inline void print_modules(void)
 > {
 > }

 > static inline unsigned long module_kallsyms_lookup_name(const char *name)
 > {
 > 	return 0;
 > }

 > static inline int lookup_module_symbol_name(unsigned long addr, char *symname)
 > {
 > 	return -ERANGE;
 > }

 > And why these function haven`t implementation:
 > static inline int register_module_notifier(struct notifier_block *nb)
 > {
 > 	/* no events will happen anyway, so this can always succeed */
 > 	return 0;
 > }

 > static inline int unregister_module_notifier(struct notifier_block *nb)
 > {
 > 	return 0;
 > }

 > Is module notifier doesn`t exists?

This is "#else" branch of "#ifdef CONFIG_MODULES".

--
WBR,
Yauheni Kaliuta