Linux-mtd Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* Regards-cadence-quadspi changes to be submitted as patch to upstream
       [not found] <mailman.16568.1565684962.19300.linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org>
@ 2019-08-13 10:03 ` Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX
  2019-08-13 10:45   ` Tudor.Ambarus
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX @ 2019-08-13 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd, linux-mtd-request

Hi,

    Good Morning, Hope you are doing well!!!

    As I am seeking help from you, to submit my kernel driver patches to 
upstream
    community, have made changes in 
/drivers/mtd/spi-nor/cadence-quadspi.c to make it work
    on our intel LGM SoC, it is working fine.

    Now the changes to be pushed to upstream, kindly respond the 
following queries.
    1. shall I use the latest 5.3 kernel source from  kernel.org? (or)
    2.Is there maintainers tree? if yes, then can you please provide me 
the link.
    Please do the needful.

Best Regards
Vadivel

______________________________________________________
Linux MTD discussion mailing list
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-mtd/

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Regards-cadence-quadspi changes to be submitted as patch to upstream
  2019-08-13 10:03 ` Regards-cadence-quadspi changes to be submitted as patch to upstream Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX
@ 2019-08-13 10:45   ` Tudor.Ambarus
  2019-08-14  1:11     ` Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Tudor.Ambarus @ 2019-08-13 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vadivel.muruganx.ramuthevar, linux-mtd, linux-mtd-request

Hi, Vavidel,

On 08/13/2019 01:03 PM, Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX wrote:
> External E-Mail
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
>    Good Morning, Hope you are doing well!!!
> 
>    As I am seeking help from you, to submit my kernel driver patches to upstream
>    community, have made changes in /drivers/mtd/spi-nor/cadence-quadspi.c to make it work
>    on our intel LGM SoC, it is working fine.
> 
>    Now the changes to be pushed to upstream, kindly respond the following queries.
>    1. shall I use the latest 5.3 kernel source from  kernel.org? (or)
>    2.Is there maintainers tree? if yes, then can you please provide me the link.

T:      git git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mtd/linux.git spi-nor/next

You can check MAINTAINERS file when in doubt.

Cheers,
ta
______________________________________________________
Linux MTD discussion mailing list
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-mtd/

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Regards-cadence-quadspi changes to be submitted as patch to upstream
  2019-08-13 10:45   ` Tudor.Ambarus
@ 2019-08-14  1:11     ` Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX
  2019-08-16 10:53       ` Vignesh Raghavendra
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX @ 2019-08-14  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tudor.Ambarus, linux-mtd, linux-mtd-request

Hi, Tudor,

   Thank you so much for the response, sure I will do the same.

Best Regards
Vadivel
On 13/8/2019 6:45 PM, Tudor.Ambarus@microchip.com wrote:
> T:      git git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mtd/linux.git spi-nor/next
>
> You can check MAINTAINERS file when in doubt.
>
> Cheers,
> ta

______________________________________________________
Linux MTD discussion mailing list
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-mtd/

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Regards-cadence-quadspi changes to be submitted as patch to upstream
  2019-08-14  1:11     ` Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX
@ 2019-08-16 10:53       ` Vignesh Raghavendra
  2019-08-19  2:04         ` Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Vignesh Raghavendra @ 2019-08-16 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX, Tudor.Ambarus, linux-mtd,
	linux-mtd-request

Hi,

On 14/08/19 6:41 AM, Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX wrote:
> Hi, Tudor,
> 
>   Thank you so much for the response, sure I will do the same.

Also

Please follow guidelines at:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/submitting-patches.html
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/coding-style.html

Run scripts/checkpatch.pl --strict on patches and fix the issues
reported by the scripts before posting

You can get list of people to cc by running ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl
on the patch

> 
> Best Regards
> Vadivel
> On 13/8/2019 6:45 PM, Tudor.Ambarus@microchip.com wrote:
>> T:      git
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mtd/linux.git spi-nor/next
>>
>> You can check MAINTAINERS file when in doubt.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> ta
> 
> ______________________________________________________
> Linux MTD discussion mailing list
> http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-mtd/

-- 
Regards
Vignesh

______________________________________________________
Linux MTD discussion mailing list
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-mtd/

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Regards-cadence-quadspi changes to be submitted as patch to upstream
  2019-08-16 10:53       ` Vignesh Raghavendra
@ 2019-08-19  2:04         ` Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX @ 2019-08-19  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vignesh Raghavendra, Tudor.Ambarus, linux-mtd, linux-mtd-request

Hi Vignesh,

         Thank you so much for the response and your valuable information.
         surely follow the same process before submitting the patches.

With Best Regards
Vadivel Murugan R

On 16/8/2019 6:53 PM, Vignesh Raghavendra wrote:
> Please follow guidelines at:
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/submitting-patches.html
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/coding-style.html
>
> Run scripts/checkpatch.pl --strict on patches and fix the issues
> reported by the scripts before posting
>
> You can get list of people to cc by running ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl
> on the patch

______________________________________________________
Linux MTD discussion mailing list
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-mtd/

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
     [not found] <mailman.16568.1565684962.19300.linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org>
2019-08-13 10:03 ` Regards-cadence-quadspi changes to be submitted as patch to upstream Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX
2019-08-13 10:45   ` Tudor.Ambarus
2019-08-14  1:11     ` Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX
2019-08-16 10:53       ` Vignesh Raghavendra
2019-08-19  2:04         ` Ramuthevar, Vadivel MuruganX

Linux-mtd Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mtd/0 linux-mtd/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-mtd linux-mtd/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mtd \
		linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org linux-mtd@archiver.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-mtd


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.infradead.lists.linux-mtd


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox