linux-mtd.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
From: Jupiter <jupiter.hce@gmail.com>
To: linux-mtd <linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org>
Subject: Any UBIFS volume image installation command with selective ECC (DTB) in Linux?
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 21:37:20 +1000	[thread overview]

Hi,

I used ubinize to build a UBIFS image ubi.img, the image has three
volumes, dtb-volume (imx6ulz.dtb), kernel-volume and rootfs-volume.

To install u-boot and root UBIFS image to iMX6ULL NAND, I used a
zImage-initramfs to install the u-boot to u-boot mtd partition first,
then to install ubi.img in UBIFS partition by running following
commands:

flash_erase /dev/mtd2 0 0
ubiformat /dev/mtd2 -f /tmp/ubi.img

It was all fine, but after the installation, it cannot run ubi part in u-boot:

ubi0 error: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 64 bytes from PEB 3
83:0, read 64 bytes
ubi0 error: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 2048 bytes from PEB
 383:2048, read 2048 bytes

The problem was that u-boot installation requires a higher bit ECC, so
that zImage-initramfs was started with imx6ulz-kobs.dtb, if I change
to start  zImage-initramfs with a low bit ECC imx6ulz.dtb, that ECC
error gone away, but then I could not flash u-boot to NAND.

Are there any way or mtd / ubi command to flash ubi.img to NAND based
on a specific ECC / dtb?

Appreciate any your kind advice.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jupiter

--
"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame somebody else."