linux-mtd.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* Where to define multiple volumes sizes in one MTD rootfs partition?
@ 2019-10-05  0:50 JH
From: JH @ 2019-10-05  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

Hi,

My apology if my question is not related to this mailing list.

I set up following 6 MTD partitions in boot argument environment, the
rootfs is in mtd5 partition where it is currently created one ubi
volume for rootfs in ubi0.

MFG_NAND_PARTITION
"mtdparts=gpmi-nand:4m(boot),2m(ubootenv),2m(dtb),16m(kernel1),16m(kernel2),-(ubi)
"

NAND_ROOT_UBI "root=ubi0:rootfs_data rw ubi.mtd=5,2048 noinitrd
rootfstype=ubifs mem=256M rootwait=1"

Recently, one of my device is broken failed to boot up, I still don't
know what was the cause by hardware problem or software, to be
precaution in the future meltdown, I am going to separate all writing
data from ubi0 to to another ubi volume ubi1, to keep the rootfs in
ubi0 read only. How can I define the ubi0 volume size to 160 MB and
the ubi1 volume size to 30 MB?

NAND_ROOT_UBI "root=ubi0:rootfs_data ro storage=ubi1:rootfs_data rw
ubi.mtd=5,2048 noinitrd rootfstype=ubifs mem=256M rootwait=1"

Sorry if it is a wrong question to this mailing list.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jh