Hi There ! I've been looking into a few (very rare) cases of ubifs file system corruption and noticed that our system fails the mtd-utils io_paral test about 50% of the time. I doubt this is a problem with ubi or ubifs, but I was hoping for some insights on what the problem might be. System Hardware - Processor - Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale 4xARM53 (XCZU3EG) Integrated Arasan NAND Flash controller IP Rev v3p9_140822 Flash - Micron MT29UZ4B8DZZHGPB-107 (DDR3 + MT29F4G08 NAND die) Software - Petalinux 2017.3 - Linux Kernel 4.9.0 mtd-utils 2.1.1 mtdinfo /dev/mtd2 mtd2 Name: misc Type: nand Eraseblock size: 131072 bytes, 128.0 KiB Amount of eraseblocks: 1024 (134217728 bytes, 128.0 MiB) Minimum input/output unit size: 2048 bytes Sub-page size: 2048 bytes OOB size: 64 bytes Character device major/minor: 90:4 Bad blocks are allowed: true Device is writable: true ubinfo -d 5 ubi5 Volumes count: 0 Logical eraseblock size: 126976 bytes, 124.0 KiB Total amount of logical eraseblocks: 1020 (129515520 bytes, 123.5 MiB) Amount of available logical eraseblocks: 940 (119357440 bytes, 113.8 MiB) Maximum count of volumes 128 Count of bad physical eraseblocks: 4 Count of reserved physical eraseblocks: 76 Current maximum erase counter value: 96 Minimum input/output unit size: 2048 bytes Character device major/minor: 218:0 I run the full battery of ubitests using the "runubitests.sh" script but so far it only fails in io_paral. I modified io_paral so that it prints the differences between the two buffers to help troubleshooting, The patch is attached in case anyone finds it useful. The test fails in write_thread() line 225, where the written buffer is compared with what was read back. Using my patched version (line # are different) it prints write_thread():290: written and read data are different at byte: 14336 14336 / 2048 = 7 so the error occurred at start of the 7th page. The hex dump of the buffers is attached, keep in mind it starts 10 bytes before the failure. By looking at the logs we can see that the 8th page is all zeros, then the correct data is once again showing up on page 9 and onward. So essentially what happened is that one page is missing the data and instead has all zeros. I can imagine lots of problems that can cause this to happen... but I was hoping someone could point me towards the usual suspects ? I've seen it on multiple units so it does not seem to be just one bad flash device. I have not seen nandpagetest & nandsubpagetest fail yet, although both these run for substantially shorter time compared to io_paral Any hints & help is deeply appreciated Thanks /Otto