Hi, On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 16:16 +0000, Arnd Bergmann wrote: > On Thursday 08 March 2012, Stephen Rothwell wrote: > > Hi all, > > > > Today's linux-next merge of the arm-soc tree got a conflict in > > arch/arm/mach-omap1/board-palmtt.c between commit ddba6c7f7ec6 ("OMAP1: > > pass LCD config with omapfb_set_lcd_config()") from the omap_dss2 tree > > and commit 2e3ee9f45b3c ("ARM: OMAP1: Move most of plat/io.h into local > > iomap.h") from the arm-soc tree. > > > > I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. > > Hi Stephen, > > Thanks for fixing up all the conflicts between arm-soc and omap_dss2. > I think we should make sure they are resolved in one of the trees before > the merge window. Do we need to? The conflicts seemed to be trivial ones, like arm-soc adds/removes something that just happens to be next to something else that I add/remove. My understanding is that it's better to leave those conflicts than to do "trickery" to avoid them. > Tomi, what are your plans for the omap_dss2 branch to get merged? Normally my tree goes via fbdev-tree (Florian's tree) to mainline. > Do you think you should send it to Linus first and we merge it into > arm-soc to resolve the conflicts? > Or do you want to merge it through the arm-soc tree? > Or should we go first and you fix up the conflicts by pulling in the > necessary topic branches from arm-soc into your tree? If we want to resolve the conflicts, perhaps it's simplest if the dss tree is merged to arm-soc. Tomi