Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Alexandre Torgue <alexandre.torgue@st.com>
To: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>,
	Marc Zyngier <marc.zyngier@arm.com>,
	Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>,
	ARM <linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org>
	Ludovic Barre <ludovic.barre@st.com>,
	Amelie Delaunay <amelie.delaunay@st.com>
Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the irqchip tree with the arm-soc tree
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 09:41:28 +0200

Hi Stephen

On 05/29/2018 07:52 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the irqchip tree got a conflict in:
>
>    arch/arm/boot/dts/stm32mp157c.dtsi
>
> between commit:
>
>    3c00436fdb20 ("ARM: dts: stm32: add USBPHYC support to stm32mp157c")
>
> from the arm-soc tree and commit:
>
>    5f0e9d2557d7 ("ARM: dts: stm32: Add exti support for stm32mp157c")
>
> from the irqchip tree.
>
> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
> is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
> with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> complex conflicts.

Thanks for the fix (I will reorder nodes in a future patch). My opinion
is that all STM32 DT patches should come through my STM32 tree. It is my
role to fix this kind of conflicts. I thought it was a common rule
(driver patches go to sub-system maintainer tree and DT to the Machine
maintainer). For incoming next-series which contain DT+driver patches I
will indicate clearly that I take DT patch. I'm right ?

Regards
Alex