Hi Jaswinder, On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:50:08 +0530 Jaswinder Singh wrote: > > On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 17:13 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote: > > > What needs to happen is that Alan's patch needs to be redone based on > > Linus' tree of today. > > > > My patch is smaller and simpler as compare to Alan patch. However, your patch is already in Linus' tree and Greg's problem is getting his tree (which contains Alan's patch) into Linus' tree. > So can we follow this approach for linux-next tree:- > > 1. Remove my patch from Linus tree > 2. Apply Alan patch first > 3. Then I will give you firmware patch based upon yesterday tree which I > installed here :- > http://git.infradead.org/users/jaswinder/linux-next.git > 4. Then you apply firmware patch This is a lot more work for me (and I have limited time) and Alan's patch still needs to be redone before it is merged into Linus' tree ... The linus-next tree is not and end unto itself, it is merely a way to see how things will end up in Linus' tree. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/