Hi Greg, On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:26:44 -0800 Greg KH wrote: > > Right now there is no such dependancy (USB should build and apply just > fine without driver core, and staging depends on neither of these from > what I can see.) The real problem is that because you tell me that usb is based on driver-core, then if I merge the usb tree it will pull in all of driver-core again after I have dropped it. So if the trees are really independent, you could change (or remove) the NEXT-BASE comment in the series files. But that means that you do have to test them independently as well, so it is probably not worth the effort. > But that's ok, I'll fix up the driver-core tree right now. Thanks. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/