Hi Dave, On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 20:28:47 -0800 (PST) David Miller wrote: > > From: Stephen Rothwell > Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:25:50 +1100 > > > Sorry, no. If the build failure is caused by an interaction between two > > trees in linux-next, then I will spend some time trying to fix it up. > > However, a simple allmodconfig (even on sparc64, I think) build would > > have shown you the failure *before* publishing your tree. > > Would not, I do an allmodconfig build on sparc64 before every > push of the net-next-2.6 tree. So I wonder what prevents CONFIG_PCMCIA being set on a sparc64 allmodconfig? Just looking at the Kconfig files, I thought it would, but obviously not. It means, of course, that that build doesn't test any of the possible effects of network changes on the PCMCIA device drivers. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/