Hi all, On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:35:03 +0200 Johannes Weiner wrote: > > On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 09:10:44AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote: > > > > * Stephen Rothwell wrote: > > > > > Today's linux-next merge of the akpm tree got a conflict in > > > mm/migrate.c between the tip tree and commit "mm: memcg: fix > > > compaction/migration failing due to memcg limits" from the > > > akpm tree. > > > > > > The commit 4783af477d3d ("mm: Migrate misplaced page") was > > > removed (among several others) from the tip tree since > > > yesterday (and thus linux-next) so the above akpm tree patch > > > no longer applies. > > > > > > I have dropped this patch form the akpm tree (and the following patches > > > as well: > > > mm-memcg-fix-compaction-migration-failing-due-to-memcg-limits-checkpatch-fixes > > > mm: memcg: push down PageSwapCache check into uncharge entry functions > > > mm: memcg: only check for PageSwapCache when uncharging anon > > > mm: memcg: remove unneeded shmem charge type > > > mm: memcg: remove needless !mm fixup to init_mm when charging > > > ) > > > > > > Hopefully this doesn't cause other problems. I guess that > > > they will need rebasing depending on what gets merged via the > > > tip tree. > > > > Andrew, sorry about this last minute fallout: I felt that > > sched/numa was still not fully cooked and did not want to hold > > up the rest of the scheduler tree on that - nor did I want to > > send an uncooked tree to Linus. > > > > PeterZ posted another series of sched/numa patches two days ago > > - once that is ready (probably after the merge window) it will > > all reappear again, in a slightly different form. I could stick > > the mm/ bits into a separate tree to make it easier for you. > > As this is unlikely to reappear in this merge window, the conflict > resolution is quite simple. All that's needed is remove the 3 hunks > from my patch that converted a user in Peter's patch to a new API. I > can resend the series if needed, but it's probably easier to just > remove the hunks against mm/migrate.c::migrate_misplaced_page(): OK, so I have readded those patches to linux-next today with the appropriate hunks removed. Except for mm-memcg-fix-compaction-migration-failing-due-to-memcg-limits-checkpatch-fixes which only touched the part of the file that no longer exists. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au