Hi Linus, In Linus' tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc ppc64_defconfig) failed like this: arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/hotplug-memory.c: In function 'pseries_remove_memblock': arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/hotplug-memory.c:103:17: error: unused variable 'pfn' [-Werror=unused-variable] Caused by commit d760afd4d257 ("memory-hotplug: suppress "Trying to free nonexistent resource " warning"). I can't see what the point of the "pfn" variable is and this patch never appeared in linux-next before being merged. :-( I have reverted that commit for today. If this patch truly was authored yesterday (according the Author Date in git), why was it merged yesterday while still under discussion? And the latest update to it still has this build problem ... did anyone even try to build this for powerpc (since that architecture was obviously affected)? (Cross compilers available here http://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/). -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au