* linux-next: manual merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree with Linus' tree
@ 2013-12-16  0:57 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2013-12-16  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Delvare; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel

Hi Jean,

Today's linux-next merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree got a conflict in
drivers/hwmon/lm90.c between commits from Linus' tree and commits from
the jdelvare-hwmon tree.

It looks like the jdelvare-hwmon patch series has been reset back
(unintentionally?) to stuff that has already been merged into Linus'
tree ... so I just used the version from Linus' tree.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree with Linus' tree
@ 2013-12-16  8:45 ` Jean Delvare
From: Jean Delvare @ 2013-12-16  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel

Hi Stephen,

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 11:57:33 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Today's linux-next merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree got a conflict in
> drivers/hwmon/lm90.c between commits from Linus' tree and commits from
> the jdelvare-hwmon tree.
>
> It looks like the jdelvare-hwmon patch series has been reset back
> (unintentionally?) to stuff that has already been merged into Linus'
> tree ... so I just used the version from Linus' tree.

Oops. Yes, that was totally unintentional.

I had my ISP change some settings for my web hosting, and all my data
was deleted in the process. I kind of expected that, so I made a
complete backup before asking for the change. Unfortunately I did not
expect them to take so long to acknowledge my request and act upon it,
so when I restored my backup, my web space indeed went back in time by
several weeks.

I manually updated everything I remembered having touched during that
time frame, but as you spotted rightly, I forgot my kernel patch series.

This is all fixed now, sorry for the noise and thanks for letting me
know.

--
Jean Delvare

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree with Linus' tree
@ 2009-09-23  8:51 ` Jean Delvare
From: Jean Delvare @ 2009-09-23  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Rudolf Marek, Michael Riepe, Andrew Morton

Hi Stephen,

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:42:57 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Today's linux-next merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree got a conflict in
> drivers/hwmon/coretemp.c between commit
> 0bf41d9f414a5cf558aff234a0ff486257537574 ("drivers/hwmon/coretemp.c:
> enable the Intel Atom") from Linus' tree and commit
> af663ff4d88e09c4e45661251e3c1eeff147ffc1 ("hwmon: (coretemp) Add support
> for Atom CPUs") from the jdelvare-hwmon tree.
>
> I used the version from the jdelvare-hwmon for today.

Thanks for the heads up. Apparently someone managed to sneak in broken
Atom support into coretemp, while I have a working version in my hwmon
tree, which I intend to push to Linus today. I'll rebase my patch on
upstream so that it applies again, and I'll send it quickly.

--
Jean Delvare

* linux-next: manual merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree with Linus' tree
@ 2009-09-23  1:42 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2009-09-23  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Delvare
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Rudolf Marek, Michael Riepe, Andrew Morton