* linux-next: manual merge of the vfs tree with Linus' and te ext4 trees
@ 2014-04-22  1:04 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2014-04-22  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Al Viro; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Theodore Ts'o

Hi Al,

Today's linux-next merge of the vfs tree got a conflict in
fs/ext4/extents.c between rebased versions of commits from Linus' and the
ext4 trees and the same commits from the vfs tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the version from Linus' and the ext4 trees)
and can carry the fix as necessary (no action is required).

Al, this is why I asked you about checking with Ted about his tree being
rebased after you merged it into yours ...
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs tree with Linus' and te ext4 trees
@ 2014-04-22  1:19 ` Theodore Ts'o
From: Theodore Ts'o @ 2014-04-22  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: Al Viro, linux-next, linux-kernel

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:04:59AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Today's linux-next merge of the vfs tree got a conflict in
> fs/ext4/extents.c between rebased versions of commits from Linus' and the
> ext4 trees and the same commits from the vfs tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I just used the version from Linus' and the ext4 trees)
> and can carry the fix as necessary (no action is required).
>
> Al, this is why I asked you about checking with Ted about his tree being
> rebased after you merged it into yours ...

Sorry, Al, I hadn't been aware you wanted to carrying some of these
changes.  I had mentioned that I was planning on carrying them in the
ext4 tree and including them for 3.15 because some of them were fixing
bugs that had been introduced in the merge window.  Since no one
objected, I thought everyone was on the same page about that plan.

	    	    	     	    - Ted

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs tree with Linus' and te ext4 trees
@ 2014-04-22  1:34   ` Al Viro
From: Al Viro @ 2014-04-22  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodore Ts'o, Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, linux-kernel

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 09:19:19PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:04:59AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the vfs tree got a conflict in
> > fs/ext4/extents.c between rebased versions of commits from Linus' and the
> > ext4 trees and the same commits from the vfs tree.
> >
> > I fixed it up (I just used the version from Linus' and the ext4 trees)
> > and can carry the fix as necessary (no action is required).
> >
> > Al, this is why I asked you about checking with Ted about his tree being
> > rebased after you merged it into yours ...
>
> Sorry, Al, I hadn't been aware you wanted to carrying some of these
> changes.  I had mentioned that I was planning on carrying them in the
> ext4 tree and including them for 3.15 because some of them were fixing
> bugs that had been introduced in the merge window.  Since no one
> objected, I thought everyone was on the same page about that plan.

*rechecks*
I have Cc'd you on this:

<quote>
Subject: Re: linus-next stats (Re: Linux 3.15-rc1 out, merge window closed)
[snip]
one non-trivial in ext4 that I've dealt with by merging a piece of ext4
branch up to the relevant point.  As long as ext4.git#dev isn't rebased,
everything should remain fine, when/if it does I'll just redo that merge.
BTW, ext4 side of that thing is *still* not quite right - playing with
rlimit allows one to smuggle an unaligned write past that check...
</quote>

I'll rebase that thing...