Hi Darren, On Tue, 2 Jun 2015 20:27:50 -0700 Darren Hart wrote: > > Thanks for the heads' up. This happens because my -next branch is based on *-rc1 > as I think was recommended at the last kernel summit. Since rc1 I sent Linus the > G50-30, but by rc6 I didn't feel good about sending the similar G50-30 fix, so > that is in my rc1 branch. > > I am happy to rebase my -next on rc6 to avoid the conflict, but I believe the > rebase is considered poor practice. This is a fairly trivial conflict and Linus will have no trouble fixing it up as well when he merges your tree in the next window > You said no action required, but if there is something I can do to avoid this > kind of manual effort on your part (and a manual merge by Linus in the upcoming > merge window), I'm happy to update my process to accommodate. This is fine. git rerere remembers these conflict resolutions for me, so I only have to fix them once (usually). For a more complex conflict, you might consider merging the branch that you had Linus merge (or a later -rc) with, of course, a nice explanation in the merge commit message, but in this case that would be overkill. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au