On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 03:43:58PM +1000, Michael Ellerman wrote: > [Old thread just popped up in my inbox] > > Kees Cook writes: > > On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Paul Gortmaker > > wrote: > >> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Kees Cook wrote: > >>> Hi, > >>> > >>> I'd like to get the GCC plugins building under > >>> allyesconfig/allmodconfig for -next soon (with the intention of > >>> landing the change in v4.11). Specifically, I intend to revert > >>> a519167e753e ("gcc-plugins: disable under COMPILE_TEST"). > >> > >> If I recall correctly, I noted that the plugins broke the kernel.org > >> cross compiler toolchains which led to the above disable. > > > > Do you mean these? > > https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/ > > I think those are the ones Paul is talking about. > > Those were mostly built by Tony, who is know, sadly, an Openstack > developer and for some reason doesn't seem to have time to build > toolchains for kernel hackers :P Yeah sad but true. Building a full suit took a couple of days and I'm just not going to find that anytime soon. I don't really want to build them one at a time but I could I suppose, I'd play favotites x64_86, ppc64le and then the others if and when time becomes an option. My problem with that is it kinda defeats the aim on why I put th etoolchains up there. to enable testing accross the range of architectures in a consistent way. Another option would clearly be to find someone that is closer to the kernel to do this thing. Ho hum thoughts? > As folks may have seen on LWN, there are now pre-built toolchains for > many architectures available from the Free Electrons guys, so that may > help to unblock this situation somewhat: > > http://toolchains.free-electrons.com/ So ubuntu and Fedora each have cross toolschains in the distro and we that those ^^. Perhaps this no longer needs to be provided by the kernel community? Yours Tony.