From: Russell King <rmk@armlinux.org.uk>
To: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>, Nicolas Pitre <nico@linaro.org>
	Robin Murphy <robin.murphy@arm.com>
Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the arm tree
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 23:31:19 +0000	[thread overview]

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 10:16:37AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> After merging the arm tree, today's linux-next build (arm
> multi_v7_defconfig) produced this warning:
>
> arch/arm/vfp/vfphw.S: Assembler messages:
> arch/arm/vfp/vfphw.S:158: Warning: conditional infixes are deprecated in unified syntax
> arch/arm/vfp/vfphw.S:233: Warning: conditional infixes are deprecated in unified syntax
> arch/arm/kernel/entry-common.S: Assembler messages:
> arch/arm/kernel/entry-common.S:285: Warning: conditional infixes are deprecated in unified syntax
> arch/arm/kernel/entry-common.S:286: Warning: conditional infixes are deprecated in unified syntax
> arch/arm/kernel/entry-common.S:365: Warning: conditional infixes are deprecated in unified syntax
>
> And many more similar.
>
> Presumably introduced by commit
>
>   cabcafe5d1a5 ("ARM: 8723/1: always assume the "unified" syntax for assembly code")

Well, I seem to be missing all results from the various kernel build
systems, so I've no idea what's going on with those - although kernelci
has sent me boot results with no build results... our test systems
seem to be unreliable.

Dropping Nicolas' commit, there's obviously something wrong with it
somewhere.  Nicolas, can you reproduce these problems?

--
Russell King
ARM architecture Linux Kernel maintainer