On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 10:50:05AM -0500, Rob Herring wrote: > On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 07:49:27PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > > Drop the dt-bindings:. > If you do 'git log --oneline Documentation/devicetree/bindings/' you'll > notice that SPI and ASoC are the oddballs now. I don't really care > except it does add to tribal knowledge needed regarding maintainers' > requirements. Well, you have been pushing people to change over to using dt-bindings: so I guess you do care :( It really does cause me to miss stuff, especially where people don't even include the subsystem name in the header. I get quite a lot of CCs for things where I once reviewed a patch for a subsystem that made use of some subsystem I do maintain or where one patch in a series (perhaps even an already applied one) was relevant at some point so I'm doing quite a bit of triage that's purely based on the subject lines.