Hi David, On Mon, 02 Sep 2019 17:01:19 +0100 David Howells wrote: > > Stephen Rothwell wrote: > > > The forward declararion doesn't seem to work (at laste for the > > !CONFIG_USB_NOTIFICATIONS case. > > In the !CONFIG_USB_NOTIFICATIONS case, the argument is to a stub inline > function. Even though the argument isn't actually used, it can't be an > undefined type - and, I'm guessing, an undefined size, meaning the compiler > doesn't know how many registers/how much stack space it would occupy before > getting to the error argument. > > I have a fix for this in my tree that just makes it an unsigned int in the > disabled case: > > static inline void post_usb_device_notification(const struct usb_device *udev, > unsigned int subtype, u32 error) {} But not published, yet? > > +#include > > I was trying to avoid that if I could to avoid introducing the possibility of > circular deps, but that might not be a problem in this case. Seems to be OK for x86_64 allmodconfig at least. > > > I then discovered that I needed to install libkeyutils-dev :-( but it > > built OK after that. > > ? The kernel shouldn't require that to build. I was doing an x86_64 allmodconfig build which seems to build (all of?) the samples. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell