* erofs -next tree inclusion request
@ 2019-09-19 12:01 Gao Xiang
From: Gao Xiang @ 2019-09-19 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell, Mark Brown, linux-next
  Cc: linux-erofs, LKML, Chao Yu, Miao Xie, Greg Kroah-Hartman

Hi Linux-next maintainers,

Could you kindly help add the erofs -next tree to linux-next?

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/xiang/erofs.git dev

This can test all erofs patches with the latest linux-next tree
and make erofs better...

Thank you very much,
Gao Xiang

* Re: erofs -next tree inclusion request
@ 2019-09-19 12:17 ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2019-09-19 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gao Xiang
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, linux-erofs, LKML, Chao Yu,
	Miao Xie, Greg Kroah-Hartman

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 08:01:10PM +0800, Gao Xiang wrote:

> Could you kindly help add the erofs -next tree to linux-next?

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/xiang/erofs.git dev

> This can test all erofs patches with the latest linux-next tree
> and make erofs better...

That seems like a good idea however since we're in the merge window and
the only things that should be being added to -next right now are fixes
I'll hold off on doing this myself.  Stephen will be back on the 30th
(just after merge window closes), I'm sure he'll be happy to add the
tree but in case this gets lost in all the mail from the time he's been
travelling you might want to remind him after that.

If you have a separate fixes branch I'd be happy to add that right now.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: erofs -next tree inclusion request
@ 2019-09-19 12:23   ` Gao Xiang
From: Gao Xiang @ 2019-09-19 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, linux-erofs, LKML, Chao Yu,
	Miao Xie, Greg Kroah-Hartman, Linus Torvalds

Hi Mark,

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 01:17:39PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 08:01:10PM +0800, Gao Xiang wrote:
>
> > Could you kindly help add the erofs -next tree to linux-next?
>
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/xiang/erofs.git dev
>
> > This can test all erofs patches with the latest linux-next tree
> > and make erofs better...
>
> That seems like a good idea however since we're in the merge window and
> the only things that should be being added to -next right now are fixes
> I'll hold off on doing this myself.  Stephen will be back on the 30th
> (just after merge window closes), I'm sure he'll be happy to add the
> tree but in case this gets lost in all the mail from the time he's been
> travelling you might want to remind him after that.
>
> If you have a separate fixes branch I'd be happy to add that right now.

Thanks for the -fixes information and detailed reminder (I didn't notice
that, sorry...)

I will do a -fix only branch later for urgent and trivial fixes.

For -next, it's okay to wait for Stephen of course :) ...

Thanks,

@ 2019-09-19 14:37     ` Gao Xiang
From: Gao Xiang @ 2019-09-19 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-erofs, LKML, Linus Torvalds, linux-next,
	Greg Kroah-Hartman, Miao Xie, Gao Xiang

Hi Mark,

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 08:23:28PM +0800, Gao Xiang wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 01:17:39PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 08:01:10PM +0800, Gao Xiang wrote:
> >
> > > Could you kindly help add the erofs -next tree to linux-next?
> >
> > > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/xiang/erofs.git dev
> >
> > > This can test all erofs patches with the latest linux-next tree
> > > and make erofs better...
> >
> > That seems like a good idea however since we're in the merge window and
> > the only things that should be being added to -next right now are fixes
> > I'll hold off on doing this myself.  Stephen will be back on the 30th
> > (just after merge window closes), I'm sure he'll be happy to add the
> > tree but in case this gets lost in all the mail from the time he's been
> > travelling you might want to remind him after that.
> >
> > If you have a separate fixes branch I'd be happy to add that right now.
>
> Thanks for the -fixes information and detailed reminder (I didn't notice
> that, sorry...)
>
> I will do a -fix only branch later for urgent and trivial fixes.

The fixes only -fixes branch is
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/xiang/erofs.git fixes

Thanks for taking time on this stuff...

Thanks,
Gao Xiang

@ 2019-09-19 14:50       ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2019-09-19 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gao Xiang
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-erofs, LKML, Linus Torvalds, linux-next,

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 10:37:22PM +0800, Gao Xiang wrote:

> The fixes only -fixes branch is
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/xiang/erofs.git fixes

> Thanks for taking time on this stuff...

OK, thanks - I've added that for tomorrow and I'll try to remember to
add it onto the end of today's build too.  Like I said before you might
need to remind Stephen about the trees when he gets back on the 30th but
hopefully he'll see these mails.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: erofs -next tree inclusion request
@ 2019-09-19 15:11         ` Gao Xiang
From: Gao Xiang @ 2019-09-19 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-erofs, Miao Xie, LKML, linux-next,

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 03:50:27PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 10:37:22PM +0800, Gao Xiang wrote:
>
> > The fixes only -fixes branch is
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/xiang/erofs.git fixes
>
> > Thanks for taking time on this stuff...
>
> OK, thanks - I've added that for tomorrow and I'll try to remember to
> add it onto the end of today's build too.  Like I said before you might
> need to remind Stephen about the trees when he gets back on the 30th but
> hopefully he'll see these mails.

Thanks, I will keep eyes on -next branch and remind him when it's really
necessary.

> Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
> you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
> linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
> conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.
>
> You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
> been:
>      * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
>         Signed-off-by,
>      * posted to the relevant mailing list,
>      * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
>      * successfully unit tested, and
>      * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Yes, I understand these rules (by keeping up with several previous rounds)
and thanks for your reminder again.

> Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
> to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

I will give a try after these commits are all solid and pull request with
my PGP key then... Thank you...

@ 2019-09-30 13:14       ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-09-30 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gao Xiang
  Cc: Mark Brown, linux-erofs, LKML, Linus Torvalds, linux-next,
	Greg Kroah-Hartman, Miao Xie, Gao Xiang

Hi Gao,

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 22:37:22 +0800 Gao Xiang <hsiangkao@aol.com> wrote:

> The fixes only -fixes branch is
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/xiang/erofs.git fixes

I have added this from tomorrow (sorry for the drop out today).

Which address(es) should I use as your contact address(es)?

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: erofs -next tree inclusion request
@ 2019-09-30 13:32         ` Gao Xiang
From: Gao Xiang @ 2019-09-30 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Mark Brown, linux-erofs, LKML, Linus Torvalds, linux-next,
	Greg Kroah-Hartman, Miao Xie, Gao Xiang

Hi Stephen,

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 11:14:39PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Gao,
>
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 22:37:22 +0800 Gao Xiang <hsiangkao@aol.com> wrote:
> >
> > The fixes only -fixes branch is
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/xiang/erofs.git fixes
>
> I have added this from tomorrow (sorry for the drop out today).

That is ok, and thanks for your great work.

> Which address(es) should I use as your contact address(es)?

I think xiang@kernel.org is preferred since it can always redirect
to my workable email address.

> Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
> you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
> linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
> conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.
>
> You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
> been:
>      * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
>         Signed-off-by,
>      * posted to the relevant mailing list,
>      * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
>      * successfully unit tested, and
>      * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.
>
> Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
> to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

Thanks for the kind reminder :)

@ 2019-09-30 21:16           ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-09-30 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gao Xiang
  Cc: Mark Brown, linux-erofs, LKML, Linus Torvalds, linux-next,

On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 21:32:22 +0800 Gao Xiang <hsiangkao@aol.com> wrote:

> I think xiang@kernel.org is preferred since it can always redirect
> to my workable email address.

OK, done.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: erofs -next tree inclusion request
@ 2019-09-30 21:18 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-09-30 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gao Xiang
  Cc: Mark Brown, linux-next, linux-erofs, LKML, Chao Yu, Miao Xie,