Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the vfs-fixes tree
@ 2019-10-21 20:44   ` " Stephen Rothwell
  2019-10-21 22:40     ` linux-next: build warning after merge of " Guillem Jover
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-10-21 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Al Viro; +Cc: Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List, Guillem Jover

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 416 bytes --]

Hi all,

In commit

  de80166a573d ("aio: Fix io_pgetevents() struct __compat_aio_sigset layout")

Fixes tag

  Fixes: 7a074e96 ("aio: implement io_pgetevents")

has these problem(s):

  - SHA1 should be at least 12 digits long
    Can be fixed by setting core.abbrev to 12 (or more) or (for git v2.11
    or later) just making sure it is not set (or set to "auto").

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* linux-next: build warning after merge of the drm-misc-fixes tree
@ 2019-10-21 21:07 Stephen Rothwell
  2019-10-21 22:35 ` linux-next: build warning after merge of the vfs-fixes tree Stephen Rothwell
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-10-21 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter, Intel Graphics, DRI
  Cc: Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List, Guillem Jover

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2001 bytes --]

Hi all,

After merging the drm-misc-fixes tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/uapi/linux/posix_types.h:5,
                 from include/uapi/linux/types.h:14,
                 from include/linux/types.h:6,
                 from include/linux/limits.h:6,
                 from include/linux/kernel.h:7,
                 from fs/aio.c:14:
fs/aio.c: In function '__do_compat_sys_io_pgetevents':
include/linux/stddef.h:8:14: warning: initialization of 'unsigned int' from 'void *' makes integer from pointer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
    8 | #define NULL ((void *)0)
      |              ^
fs/aio.c:2196:38: note: in expansion of macro 'NULL'
 2196 |  struct __compat_aio_sigset ksig = { NULL, };
      |                                      ^~~~
include/linux/stddef.h:8:14: note: (near initialization for 'ksig.sigmask')
    8 | #define NULL ((void *)0)
      |              ^
fs/aio.c:2196:38: note: in expansion of macro 'NULL'
 2196 |  struct __compat_aio_sigset ksig = { NULL, };
      |                                      ^~~~
fs/aio.c: In function '__do_compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64':
include/linux/stddef.h:8:14: warning: initialization of 'unsigned int' from 'void *' makes integer from pointer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
    8 | #define NULL ((void *)0)
      |              ^
fs/aio.c:2231:38: note: in expansion of macro 'NULL'
 2231 |  struct __compat_aio_sigset ksig = { NULL, };
      |                                      ^~~~
include/linux/stddef.h:8:14: note: (near initialization for 'ksig.sigmask')
    8 | #define NULL ((void *)0)
      |              ^
fs/aio.c:2231:38: note: in expansion of macro 'NULL'
 2231 |  struct __compat_aio_sigset ksig = { NULL, };
      |                                      ^~~~

Introduced by commit

  de80166a573d ("aio: Fix io_pgetevents() struct __compat_aio_sigset layout")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* linux-next: build warning after merge of the vfs-fixes tree
  2019-10-21 21:07 linux-next: build warning after merge of the drm-misc-fixes tree Stephen Rothwell
@ 2019-10-21 22:35 ` Stephen Rothwell
  2019-10-21 20:44   ` linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in " Stephen Rothwell
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-10-21 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Al Viro
  Cc: Daniel Vetter, Intel Graphics, DRI, Linux Next Mailing List,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Guillem Jover

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2281 bytes --]

Hi all,

[Some people didn't get this due to a typo]

This should have been reported against the vfs-fixes tree, sorry.

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 08:07:34 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
> After merging the drm-misc-fixes tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> ppc64_defconfig) produced this warning:
> 
> In file included from include/uapi/linux/posix_types.h:5,
>                  from include/uapi/linux/types.h:14,
>                  from include/linux/types.h:6,
>                  from include/linux/limits.h:6,
>                  from include/linux/kernel.h:7,
>                  from fs/aio.c:14:
> fs/aio.c: In function '__do_compat_sys_io_pgetevents':
> include/linux/stddef.h:8:14: warning: initialization of 'unsigned int' from 'void *' makes integer from pointer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
>     8 | #define NULL ((void *)0)
>       |              ^
> fs/aio.c:2196:38: note: in expansion of macro 'NULL'
>  2196 |  struct __compat_aio_sigset ksig = { NULL, };
>       |                                      ^~~~
> include/linux/stddef.h:8:14: note: (near initialization for 'ksig.sigmask')
>     8 | #define NULL ((void *)0)
>       |              ^
> fs/aio.c:2196:38: note: in expansion of macro 'NULL'
>  2196 |  struct __compat_aio_sigset ksig = { NULL, };
>       |                                      ^~~~
> fs/aio.c: In function '__do_compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64':
> include/linux/stddef.h:8:14: warning: initialization of 'unsigned int' from 'void *' makes integer from pointer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
>     8 | #define NULL ((void *)0)
>       |              ^
> fs/aio.c:2231:38: note: in expansion of macro 'NULL'
>  2231 |  struct __compat_aio_sigset ksig = { NULL, };
>       |                                      ^~~~
> include/linux/stddef.h:8:14: note: (near initialization for 'ksig.sigmask')
>     8 | #define NULL ((void *)0)
>       |              ^
> fs/aio.c:2231:38: note: in expansion of macro 'NULL'
>  2231 |  struct __compat_aio_sigset ksig = { NULL, };
>       |                                      ^~~~
> 
> Introduced by commit
> 
>   de80166a573d ("aio: Fix io_pgetevents() struct __compat_aio_sigset layout")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the vfs-fixes tree
  2019-10-21 20:44   ` linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in " Stephen Rothwell
@ 2019-10-21 22:40     ` " Guillem Jover
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Guillem Jover @ 2019-10-21 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Al Viro, Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Daniel Vetter, Intel Graphics, DRI

Hi!

On Tue, 2019-10-22 at 07:44:26 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Fixes tag
> 
>   Fixes: 7a074e96 ("aio: implement io_pgetevents")
> 
> has these problem(s):
> 
>   - SHA1 should be at least 12 digits long
>     Can be fixed by setting core.abbrev to 12 (or more) or (for git v2.11
>     or later) just making sure it is not set (or set to "auto").

On Tue, 2019-10-22 at 09:35:12 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 08:07:34 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> > fs/aio.c:2196:38: note: in expansion of macro 'NULL'
> >  2196 |  struct __compat_aio_sigset ksig = { NULL, };
> >       |                                      ^~~~

> > fs/aio.c:2196:38: note: in expansion of macro 'NULL'
> >  2196 |  struct __compat_aio_sigset ksig = { NULL, };
> >       |                                      ^~~~

> > fs/aio.c:2231:38: note: in expansion of macro 'NULL'
> >  2231 |  struct __compat_aio_sigset ksig = { NULL, };
> >       |                                      ^~~~

> > fs/aio.c:2231:38: note: in expansion of macro 'NULL'
> >  2231 |  struct __compat_aio_sigset ksig = { NULL, };
> >       |                                      ^~~~
> > 
> > Introduced by commit
> > 
> >   de80166a573d ("aio: Fix io_pgetevents() struct __compat_aio_sigset layout")

Ugh, sorry about that, I guess I didn't see the warnings in the scroll
back when I built this back then for testing. :/ Sending a new version
fixing both issues.

Thanks,
Guillem

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the vfs-fixes tree
@ 2019-11-10 22:09 " Stephen Rothwell
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-11-10 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Al Viro; +Cc: Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 478 bytes --]

Hi all,

In commit

  bcf0d9d4b769 ("ecryptfs: fix unlink and rmdir in face of underlying fs modifications")

Fixes tag

  Fixes: 74dd7c97ea2 "ecryptfs_rename(): verify that lower dentries are still OK after lock_rename()"

has these problem(s):

  - SHA1 should be at least 12 digits long
    Can be fixed by setting core.abbrev to 12 (or more) or (for git v2.11
    or later) just making sure it is not set (or set to "auto").

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-10-21 21:07 linux-next: build warning after merge of the drm-misc-fixes tree Stephen Rothwell
2019-10-21 22:35 ` linux-next: build warning after merge of the vfs-fixes tree Stephen Rothwell
2019-10-21 20:44   ` linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in " Stephen Rothwell
2019-10-21 22:40     ` linux-next: build warning after merge of " Guillem Jover
2019-11-10 22:09 linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in " Stephen Rothwell

Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/0 linux-next/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-next linux-next/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next \
		linux-next@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-next

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-next


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git