On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 11:04:00PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote: > On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 12:30:41 +0100 Mark Brown wrote: > > It looks like this is triggered by PowerPC not including > > drivers/firmware - there are missing dependencies but it works for other > > all*configs since the dependencies all get built in those. It would be > > helpful if PowerPC were fixed to include the firmware directory to > > improve coverage. > $ git grep drivers/firmware 'arch/*/*Kconfig*' > arch/arm/Kconfig:source "drivers/firmware/Kconfig" > arch/arm64/Kconfig:source "drivers/firmware/Kconfig" > arch/ia64/Kconfig:source "drivers/firmware/Kconfig" > arch/mips/Kconfig:source "drivers/firmware/Kconfig" > arch/x86/Kconfig:source "drivers/firmware/Kconfig" > so, sure, it works for some architectures. We would need someone to do > the work to make sure that adding drivers/firmware to all the others > does not break other stuff. Until then, please add the needed > dependencies. I am doing that but that still doesn't mean that the architectures shouldn't be updated - to me this is like the architectures that don't implement standard APIs, we should fix the issues they bring up but it'd be a lot less noisy to sidestep the issue.