Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org
* linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the drm-misc tree
@ 2020-05-19  6:16 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-05-19  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Gleixner, Ingo Molnar, H. Peter Anvin, Peter Zijlstra,
	Daniel Vetter, Intel Graphics
  Cc: Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List, Chris Wilson,
	Dave Airlie, DRI, Paul E. McKenney

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/drm_dp_mst_topology.c

between commit:

  a4292e52106b ("drm: Match drm_dp_send_clear_payload_id_table definition to declaration")

from the drm-misc tree and commit:

  53965dbe5396 ("drm: Make drm_dp_mst_dsc_aux_for_port() safe for old compilers")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (I used the former) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell