Hi all, After merging the tip tree, all my linux-next builds took signficantly longer and used much more memory. In some cases, builds would seg fault due to running out of memory :-( I have eventaully bisected it to commit cdd28ad2d811 ("READ_ONCE: Use data_race() to avoid KCSAN instrumentation") For my (e.g.) x86_64 allmodconfig builds (cross compiled on PowerPC le, -j80) the elapsed time went from around 9 minutes to over 17 minutes and the maximum resident size (as reported by /usr/bin/time) from around 500M to around 2G (I saw lots of cc1 processes over 2G in size). For tomorrow's linux-next (well, later today :-() I will revert that commit (and its child) when I merge the tip tree. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell