* linux-next: manual merge of the set_fs tree with the powerpc tree
@ 2020-07-17  9:09 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-07-17  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig, Michael Ellerman, PowerPC

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the set_fs tree got a conflict in:

  arch/powerpc/mm/numa.c

between commit:

  c30f931e891e ("powerpc/numa: remove ability to enable topology updates")

from the powerpc tree and commit:

  16a04bde8169 ("proc: switch over direct seq_read method calls to seq_read_iter")

from the set_fs tree.

I fixed it up (the former removed the code updated by the latter, so I
just did that) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as
far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be
mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the set_fs tree with the powerpc tree
@ 2020-08-09  8:57 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-08-09  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Nathan Lynch

Hi all,

On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 19:09:31 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Today's linux-next merge of the set_fs tree got a conflict in:
>
>   arch/powerpc/mm/numa.c
>
> between commit:
>
>   c30f931e891e ("powerpc/numa: remove ability to enable topology updates")
>
> from the powerpc tree and commit:
>
>   16a04bde8169 ("proc: switch over direct seq_read method calls to seq_read_iter")
>
> from the set_fs tree.
>
> I fixed it up (the former removed the code updated by the latter, so I
> just did that) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as
> far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be
> mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
> merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
> of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

This is now a conflict between the set_fs tree and Linus' tree.

--

@ 2020-08-10  6:11   ` Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2020-08-10  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Christoph Hellwig, Michael Ellerman, PowerPC,
	Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List, Nathan Lynch

Hi Stephen,

please drop my set_fs tree from linux-next.  It is not going to be
merged for 5.9 in this form.

Thanks!

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the set_fs tree with the powerpc tree
@ 2020-08-10  6:37     ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-08-10  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Nathan Lynch