Hi Uros, On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 08:13:51 +0200 Uros Bizjak wrote: > > On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 6:03 AM Stephen Rothwell wrote: > > > > Please find attached the incremental patch that puts back integer > > > parts of inst.h. This resolves the conflict with the tip tree. > > > > The tip tree change needs the XMM parts kept as well, sorry. > > Strange, because I did test my patch with the tip tree from > 'origin/master' at commit a282cddefe90c4b21ef2c22a76a7c3ebd3ec6b86 and > the compilation produced the same lonely rdpid %eax in > .altinstr_replacement section. AFAICS, the header is included only for > RDPID macro, where XMM registers are unused. > > > So I ended up just removing the actual now unused crypto instruction > > macros. > > To avoid any further troubles, this is also OK with me. Sorry, I see what happened now. Since your patch was not in the crypto tree yet, I did a fixup to the tip tree merge based on your patch, but did it by hand and didn't remove the XMM bits from the REG_TYPE macro ... So your original patch is probably all good (especially since you actually tested it :-)) -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell