* linux-next: manual merge of the kspp tree with the rdma tree
@ 2020-07-28  8:45 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-07-28  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kees Cook, Doug Ledford, Jason Gunthorpe

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kspp tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/infiniband/core/uverbs_cmd.c

between commit:

  29f3fe1d6854 ("RDMA/uverbs: Remove redundant assignments")

from the rdma tree and commit:

  3f649ab728cd ("treewide: Remove uninitialized_var() usage")

from the kspp tree.

I fixed it up (the former basically did what the latter did, so I used
the former version) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed
as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should
be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the kspp tree with the rdma tree
@ 2020-07-28  8:51 ` Leon Romanovsky
From: Leon Romanovsky @ 2020-07-28  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Kees Cook, Doug Ledford, Jason Gunthorpe,
	Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 06:45:20PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the kspp tree got a conflict in:
>
>   drivers/infiniband/core/uverbs_cmd.c
>
> between commit:
>
>   29f3fe1d6854 ("RDMA/uverbs: Remove redundant assignments")
>
> from the rdma tree and commit:
>
>   3f649ab728cd ("treewide: Remove uninitialized_var() usage")
>
> from the kspp tree.
>
> I fixed it up (the former basically did what the latter did, so I used
> the former version) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed
> as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should
> be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
> merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
> of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

Thanks Stephen,
The 29f3fe1d6854 > 3f649ab728cd for drivers/infiniband/core.

> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the kspp tree with the rdma tree
@ 2020-08-05  4:07 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-08-05  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Ledford, Jason Gunthorpe
	Leon Romanovsky