Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* linux-next: build warnings after merge of the arm-perf tree
@ 2021-03-26  8:52 Stephen Rothwell
  2021-03-26  9:07 ` Shaokun Zhang
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2021-03-26  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Will Deacon
  Cc: Qi Liu, Shaokun Zhang, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Linux Next Mailing List


[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 730 bytes --]

Hi all,

After merging the arm-perf tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs)
produced these warnings:

Documentation/admin-guide/perf/hisi-pmu.rst:61: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
Documentation/admin-guide/perf/hisi-pmu.rst:62: WARNING: Block quote ends without a blank line; unexpected unindent.
Documentation/admin-guide/perf/hisi-pmu.rst:69: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
Documentation/admin-guide/perf/hisi-pmu.rst:70: WARNING: Block quote ends without a blank line; unexpected unindent.
Documentation/admin-guide/perf/hisi-pmu.rst:83: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.

Introduced by commit

  9b86b1b41e0f ("docs: perf: Add new description on HiSilicon uncore PMU v2")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the arm-perf tree
  2021-03-26  8:52 linux-next: build warnings after merge of the arm-perf tree Stephen Rothwell
@ 2021-03-26  9:07 ` Shaokun Zhang
  2021-03-29  8:47   ` Will Deacon
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Shaokun Zhang @ 2021-03-26  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell, Will Deacon
  Cc: Qi Liu, Linux Kernel Mailing List, Linux Next Mailing List

Hi Will & Stephen,

Apologies for the mistake.

Will, shall I send a new version v5 to fix this issue or other?

Thanks,
Shaokun

On 2021/3/26 16:52, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> After merging the arm-perf tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs)
> produced these warnings:
> 
> Documentation/admin-guide/perf/hisi-pmu.rst:61: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
> Documentation/admin-guide/perf/hisi-pmu.rst:62: WARNING: Block quote ends without a blank line; unexpected unindent.
> Documentation/admin-guide/perf/hisi-pmu.rst:69: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
> Documentation/admin-guide/perf/hisi-pmu.rst:70: WARNING: Block quote ends without a blank line; unexpected unindent.
> Documentation/admin-guide/perf/hisi-pmu.rst:83: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
> 
> Introduced by commit
> 
>   9b86b1b41e0f ("docs: perf: Add new description on HiSilicon uncore PMU v2")
> 

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the arm-perf tree
  2021-03-26  9:07 ` Shaokun Zhang
@ 2021-03-29  8:47   ` Will Deacon
  2021-03-29  9:06     ` liuqi (BA)
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Will Deacon @ 2021-03-29  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shaokun Zhang
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, Qi Liu, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Linux Next Mailing List

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 05:07:41PM +0800, Shaokun Zhang wrote:
> Apologies for the mistake.
> 
> Will, shall I send a new version v5 to fix this issue or other?

Please send additional patches on top now that these are queued.

Thanks,

Will

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the arm-perf tree
  2021-03-29  8:47   ` Will Deacon
@ 2021-03-29  9:06     ` liuqi (BA)
  2021-03-29 10:06       ` Will Deacon
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: liuqi (BA) @ 2021-03-29  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Will Deacon, Shaokun Zhang
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, Linux Kernel Mailing List, Linux Next Mailing List



On 2021/3/29 16:47, Will Deacon wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 05:07:41PM +0800, Shaokun Zhang wrote:
>> Apologies for the mistake.
>>
>> Will, shall I send a new version v5 to fix this issue or other?
> 
> Please send additional patches on top now that these are queued.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Will
> 
> .
> 
We'll send a new patch to fix these warnings today, apologies for the 
mistake again.

Thanks,
Qi


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the arm-perf tree
  2021-03-29  9:06     ` liuqi (BA)
@ 2021-03-29 10:06       ` Will Deacon
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Will Deacon @ 2021-03-29 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: liuqi (BA)
  Cc: Shaokun Zhang, Stephen Rothwell, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Linux Next Mailing List

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 05:06:20PM +0800, liuqi (BA) wrote:
> 
> 
> On 2021/3/29 16:47, Will Deacon wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 05:07:41PM +0800, Shaokun Zhang wrote:
> > > Apologies for the mistake.
> > > 
> > > Will, shall I send a new version v5 to fix this issue or other?
> > 
> > Please send additional patches on top now that these are queued.
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > 
> > Will
> > 
> > .
> > 
> We'll send a new patch to fix these warnings today, apologies for the
> mistake again.

Really no need to apologise; we're fixing things before they land in Linus'
tree -- that's exactly how it's supposed to work!

Will

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-03-26  8:52 linux-next: build warnings after merge of the arm-perf tree Stephen Rothwell
2021-03-26  9:07 ` Shaokun Zhang
2021-03-29  8:47   ` Will Deacon
2021-03-29  9:06     ` liuqi (BA)
2021-03-29 10:06       ` Will Deacon

Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/0 linux-next/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-next linux-next/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next \
		linux-next@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-next

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-next


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git