Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* linux-next: build warnings after merge of Linus' tree
@ 2021-03-29  9:04 Stephen Rothwell
  2021-04-21  6:23 ` Stephen Rothwell
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2021-03-29  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Herring
  Cc: Mauro Carvalho Chehab, Jonathan Corbet, Greg Kroah-Hartman,
	Grant Likely, Linux Kernel Mailing List, Linux Next Mailing List


[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 756 bytes --]

Hi all,

After merging Linus' tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs) produced
these warnings:

include/linux/of.h:1211: warning: Function parameter or member 'output' not described in 'of_property_read_string_index'
include/linux/of.h:1211: warning: Excess function parameter 'out_string' description in 'of_property_read_string_index'

Introduced by commit

  a87fa1d81a9f ("of: Fix overflow bug in string property parsing functions")

include/linux/of.h:1480: warning: cannot understand function prototype: 'enum of_overlay_notify_action '

Introduced by commit

  39a842e22c1b ("of/overlay: add of overlay notifications")

I assume that these warnings have turned up now due to better(?) tooling.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of Linus' tree
  2021-03-29  9:04 linux-next: build warnings after merge of Linus' tree Stephen Rothwell
@ 2021-04-21  6:23 ` Stephen Rothwell
  2021-04-21 13:06   ` Rob Herring
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2021-04-21  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Herring
  Cc: Mauro Carvalho Chehab, Jonathan Corbet, Greg Kroah-Hartman,
	Grant Likely, Linux Kernel Mailing List, Linux Next Mailing List


[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 729 bytes --]

Hi all,

On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 20:04:10 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> 
> After merging Linus' tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs) produced
> these warnings:
> 
> include/linux/of.h:1211: warning: Function parameter or member 'output' not described in 'of_property_read_string_index'
> include/linux/of.h:1211: warning: Excess function parameter 'out_string' description in 'of_property_read_string_index'
> 
> Introduced by commit
> 
>   a87fa1d81a9f ("of: Fix overflow bug in string property parsing functions")
> 
> I assume that these warnings have turned up now due to better(?) tooling.

I am still seeing these warnings (as of next-20210420).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of Linus' tree
  2021-04-21  6:23 ` Stephen Rothwell
@ 2021-04-21 13:06   ` Rob Herring
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Rob Herring @ 2021-04-21 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Mauro Carvalho Chehab, Jonathan Corbet, Greg Kroah-Hartman,
	Grant Likely, Linux Kernel Mailing List, Linux Next Mailing List

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 1:23 AM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 20:04:10 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> >
> > After merging Linus' tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs) produced
> > these warnings:
> >
> > include/linux/of.h:1211: warning: Function parameter or member 'output' not described in 'of_property_read_string_index'
> > include/linux/of.h:1211: warning: Excess function parameter 'out_string' description in 'of_property_read_string_index'
> >
> > Introduced by commit
> >
> >   a87fa1d81a9f ("of: Fix overflow bug in string property parsing functions")
> >
> > I assume that these warnings have turned up now due to better(?) tooling.
>
> I am still seeing these warnings (as of next-20210420).

A fix is now in my tree.

Rob

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-03-29  9:04 linux-next: build warnings after merge of Linus' tree Stephen Rothwell
2021-04-21  6:23 ` Stephen Rothwell
2021-04-21 13:06   ` Rob Herring

Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/0 linux-next/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-next linux-next/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next \
		linux-next@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-next

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-next


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git