Hi all, Today's linux-next merge of the ftrace tree got a conflict in: lib/bootconfig.c between commit: 77e02cf57b6c ("memblock: introduce saner 'memblock_free_ptr()' interface") from Linus' tree and commit: 6c7324bca2ec ("bootconfig: Fix to check the xbc_node is used before free it") from the ftrace tree. The new memblock_free_ptr() inroduced by Linus' tree copes with NULL pointers, so I just used that. Which means that the ftrace tree patch will be redundant. I fixed it up (see above) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell