Hi Ian, On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 19:35:45 -0700 Ian Rogers wrote: > > On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 4:05 PM Stephen Rothwell wrote: > > > > I installed python3-setuptools. > > Thanks, could you give more details? Are you overriding python to be > an older version on the command line? What does "python --version" and > "python3 --version" show? Installing python3-setuptools should be what > you need, but I'm not sure why that's not working for you. I am not doing anything unusual. What I meant was "To fix this, I installed python3-setuptools as I did not have it installed before". It built fine once I installed that. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell