From: broonie@kernel.org
Subject: linux-next: Tree for Apr 17
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 18:48:32 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi all,

Changes since 20230414:

The sh tree gained a conflict against the mm-unstable tree.

The pci tree gained a conflict with Linus' tree.

The bluetooth tree gained a conflict with Linus' tree.

The drm-next tree gained a conflict against the drm-intel-fixes tree.

The driver-core conflict gained a conflict with the iommu tree.

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 11516
 11898 files changed, 781881 insertions(+), 407199 deletions(-)

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There is also the merge.log file in the Next
directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built with a ppc64_defconfig
for powerpc, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a multi_v7_defconfig for arm
and a native build of tools/perf. After the final fixups (if any), I do
an x86_64 modules_install followed by builds for x86_64 allnoconfig,
powerpc allnoconfig (32 and 64 bit), ppc44x_defconfig, allyesconfig
and pseries_le_defconfig and i386, arm64, s390, sparc and sparc64
defconfig and htmldocs. And finally, a simple boot test of the powerpc
pseries_le_defconfig kernel in qemu (with and without kvm enabled).

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 357 trees (counting Linus' and 102 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current merge release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Status of my local build tests will be at
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next .  If maintainers want to give
advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to add
more builds.

Thanks to Randy Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds.  And to Paul
Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.