Vegard Nossum wrote: > I couldn't reproduce your original failure, but I've attempted to fix > it by reordering the mutex unlock and bprm free and removing the > extraneous unlock (see attached patch; it boots for me without > errors). Your patch ought to throw up its own lock failure. You've added a mutex_unlock() call to the execve success path, but you haven't removed one from install_exec_creds(). Also, this patch is not sufficient as it doesn't do anything for compat_do_execve(). Can you try the attached patches instead please? You may find you have one or more of them present already if you've pulled your tree recently. David