From: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
To: Lucas De Marchi <lucas.demarchi@intel.com>
Cc: "Stephen Rothwell" <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>,
	"Oded Gabbay" <ogabbay@kernel.org>,
	"Thomas Hellström" <thomas.hellstrom@linux.intel.com>,
	"DRM XE List" <intel-xe@lists.freedesktop.org>,
	KVM <kvm@vger.kernel.org>,
	"Yury Norov" <yury.norov@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm tree with the drm-xe tree
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 19:38:40 +0100	[thread overview]

On 3/1/24 19:17, Lucas De Marchi wrote:
> I'm surprised to see 3c7a8e190bc5 ("uapi: introduce uapi-friendly macros
> for GENMASK") with no acks from maintainer though.

The patch sat on the list for a couple months, then I went ahead and
committed it.

The changes to include/linux/bits.h are just code movement from kernel
to uapi header (plus the uglification of BITS_PER_LONG and
BITS_PER_LONG_LONG per uapi rules) so I think that's fine.

But I'll drop an email to them to ask them if they want MAINTAINERS to
include the new file.

> Btw, aren't you missing some includes in include/uapi/linux/bits.h?

Yeah, uapi/linux/const.h is needed to use the macros in bits.h.  I
didn't notice because KVM headers include it anyway and, on the
include/linux/ side, include/linux/bits.h gets it via include/linux/const.h.

Paolo