Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org
* linux-next: manual merge of the akpm tree with the kunit tree
@ 2019-11-05  9:45 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-11-05  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton, Shuah Khan, Brendan Higgins

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the akpm tree got conflicts in:

  MAINTAINERS
  lib/Kconfig.debug
  lib/Makefile
  lib/list-test.c

between commit:

  ea2dd7c0875e ("lib/list-test: add a test for the 'list' doubly linked list")

from the kunit tree and patch:

  "lib/list-test.c: add a test for the 'list' doubly linked list"

from the akpm tree.

I fixed it up (I just assume that these are different versions of the
same patch, so I just dropped the version in the akpm tree) and can
carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is
concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm tree with the kunit tree
@ 2019-11-05 14:45 ` Shuah Khan
From: Shuah Khan @ 2019-11-05 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell, Andrew Morton, Brendan Higgins
	Shuah Khan

On 11/5/19 2:45 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the akpm tree got conflicts in:
>
>    MAINTAINERS
>    lib/Kconfig.debug
>    lib/Makefile
>    lib/list-test.c
>
> between commit:
>
>    ea2dd7c0875e ("lib/list-test: add a test for the 'list' doubly linked list")
>
> from the kunit tree and patch:
>
>    "lib/list-test.c: add a test for the 'list' doubly linked list"
>
> from the akpm tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I just assume that these are different versions of the
> same patch, so I just dropped the version in the akpm tree) and can
> carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is
> concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
> upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
> also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
> tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

Right. Andrew and I discussed this patch and he is in the loop that
there is a new version of this patch and that it will be combined
with the Kunit patches in kselftest tree.

Please drop the patch from akpm and carry the fix if necessary.

thanks,
-- Shuah