From: Kever Yang <kever.yang@rock-chips.com>
To: Heiko Stuebner <heiko@sntech.de>
Cc: "Kevin Hilman" <khilman@baylibre.com>,
	kernel-build-reports@lists.linaro.org,
	linux-rockchip@lists.infradead.org, linux-next@vger.kernel.org,
	张晴 <elaine.zhang@rock-chips.com>, 闫孝军 <andy.yan@rock-chips.com>,
	linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: CPUfreq fail on rk3399-firefly
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 17:59:37 +0800	[thread overview]

Hi Heiko,

On 2019/8/27 上午10:14, Heiko Stuebner wrote:
> Hi Kever,
>
> Am Dienstag, 27. August 2019, 03:54:26 CEST schrieb Kever Yang:

>>> The ramdisk images are here:
>>>
>>>     https://storage.kernelci.org/images/rootfs/buildroot/kci-2019.02/arm64/base/
>>>
>>> in the kernelCI logs the ramdisk is slightly modified because the kernel
>>> modules have been inserted into the cpio archive.
>>>
>>> However, for the purposes of this test, you can just test with the
>>> unmodified rootfs.cpio.gz above.
>>
>> I try with this ramdisk, and it hangs at fan53555 init, but not get into
>> cpufreq.
>>
>> Any suggestion?
> My guess would be the fcs,suspend-voltage-selector maybe?
>
> I.e. old uboots somehow set the voltage gpio strangely, so you'd need
> 	fcs,suspend-voltage-selector = <0>

Both U-Boot and Kernel dts are still '<0>' for this property, and this
is correct setting for cpu_b;

> while newer uboots I think do configure the gpio, needing a value of <1>;

There is no 'vsel-gpio' in both upstream U-Boot and kernel dts, while
there is a "vsel-gpios = <&gpio1 18 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;"

in rockchip kernel 4.4 dts. so I think there is no gpio setting on
upstream code?

And kernelci's test case, does not update the bootloader, only update
kernel.

Thanks,

- Kever