Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Bart Van Assche <bvanassche@acm.org>
To: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>, Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>
Subject: Re: linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the block tree
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 10:36:36 -0700

On 10/7/19 1:16 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> In commit
>
>    1d200e9d6f63 ("block: Fix writeback throttling W=1 compiler warnings")
>
> Fixes tag
>
>    Fixes: e34cbd307477 ("blk-wbt: add general throttling mechanism"; v4.10).
>
> has these problem(s):
>
>    - Subject has leading but no trailing quotes
>    - Subject does not match target commit subject
>      Just use
> 	git log -1 --format='Fixes: %h ("%s")'

Hi Stephen,

The above fixes tag follows the recommended format except that it is
followed by a kernel version number. Is there a recommended format for
embedding the kernel version number in a Fixes: tag? I think that
information is useful. I haven't found any recommendations for how to do
that in Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst.

Thanks,

Bart.